Using Social Media Data for Impactful Communications
About this Event
This workshop will be taking place online.
Date: Thursday 18th November
Duration: 4 hours
About this event
This is a free online workshop programme that will help you and your business to become more innovative, productive and effective. This workshop will give you new knowledge and insight on the role that different types of data can play in your organisation. Our workshops are practically focused so that you can quickly use new tools and techniques and apply across your business, supporting your marketing and communications, your brand positioning and audience engagement, through to making decisions about future investments.
The workshops are targeted at SMEs in the North East who want to take forward their initial steps or continue their journey in using business data.
This session is led by:
- Dr Wasim Ahmed, Lecturer in Digital Business
- Dr Marc Smith, Sociologist and Director of the Social Media Research Foundation
The need for organisations to gain insights into social media has grown significantly with the popularity of social networking websites including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. As people increasingly participate in online communities for social, commercial, and civic interaction, masses of data are being generated which can be utilised for commercial insights, and new methods are needed to study these phenomena.This session focuses on using tools to give data-driven marketers access to powerful social media analysis features including influencer identification, brand evaluation, social listening, content analysis, ideation, lead harvesting, competitor social and campaign analysis, automation, white-labeling, and more. The session will specifically look at accessible tools (such as Microsoft Power BI and NodeXL Proto) that support analysis and visualisation.
Key elements of the workshop include:
- Installing and using relevant tools and platforms
- Data preparation and cleaning methods
- Data about relationships, entities, and groups
- Content analysis, network structures and data visualisation to support decision making
- Appreciate the increasing use of social media data across commercial organisations
- Understand key tools for influencer identification, brand evaluation, and social listening
- Learn theories and concepts of networks and social networks
- Learn to prepare your data for analysis and identify key people and groups on social networks
To register for this FREE workshop, find out more, or register for future sessions, please email Stephanie Roberts, Project Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
These workshops are part of a larger programme that supports North East businesses to grow and develop through the support of experts across the five North East universities.
You could be eligible to take part if you have a small to medium sized business, or are a registered as a sole trader, registered freelancer, Social Enterprise or Community Interest Company within the North East Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) area: Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Northumberland, and Sunderland.